Thursday, April 18, 2013

Happy Birthday from 1,500 Miles Away

Ever had to celebrate a birthday from far away? My sister lives in California and I live in Kansas. Not easy to just drive over for a visit. And now her 30th birthday is coming up and I want it to be special. So I scoured the internet for ideas. So many of the ideas were for couples sending sweet nothings to each other. Which is fine, but not what I am doing.

Instead, I am doing a Birthday Countdown! My sister will have one envelope/package to open for the 30 days leading up to her 30th birthday. I looked up obscure holidays to give me some ideas. Some are quite funny!

I wrote out the dates leading up to her birthday and planned out what to give to her each day. Some are as simple as writing a story I remember about her, another is her favorite candy, and another is cute undies.

image.jpeg

I am excited to have her open these day by day and have a mini celebration with each envelope/package. I hope it makes her birthday a bit more special!

No comments:

Post a Comment