Monday, July 22, 2013

Visit to Grandma's

This past weekend, the husband and I visited my grandma in north, central Missouri. She lives in the small town of Marceline. It's claim to fame is that it is the childhood home of Walt Disney! The Main Street in Disneyland is modeled after Main Street in Marceline.


We had a yummy lunch at the Tastee Treat. We ate Maid-Rites, which are basically ground beef burgers. Instead of patties, the meat is loose. I love them so much and I look forward to having them whenever I visit!

My husband and I were at my grandma's house to help her look through her things. She cannot get around as easy as she used to, so we brought some cedar chests downstairs to look through together. We found my grandfather's military bag from when he was stationed in Japan & the Philippines in the 1940s. It is amazing!

My husband and I ended the day with Dusty Millers. It is a ice cream sundae with marshmallow fluff and malt powder. It was a FANTASTIC way to end the day!

No comments:

Post a Comment