Saturday, August 13, 2016

End of Summer & Back to Work

Whew! I never knew you could miss a little person so much! I went back to work this past Monday for three inservice days & students on Thursday and Friday. This means that Will went off to childcare instead of being at home all day.

Monday was a ROUGH morning for me! First off, Will decided this would be the day he wanted to wake up at 6am and cry cry cry (he normally wakes about 7am). I was just getting up myself and starting to get ready. Bret had worked overtime until 4am and (thankfully) went in a held Will until I was ready for work. Not sure how the morning would have gone if it would have been one of Bret's work-til-8am mornings. I was fine driving over to Will's at-home childcare and even with the physically dropping him off; Will was smiles the whole time. But once I was back in the care alone, I just got so sad (and am sad even typing this!!). I headed to work and there was a train on the way, so I had a quick cry session while I waited to be on my way again. Our meetings that day gave me a distraction from missing Will constantly and his childcare provider sent me a few pictures which made me happy. Sidenote: his childcare provider watches only teachers kiddos, so there are three other teacher's kids at my school who go there as well. She is super highly recommended & I am so happy she had an opening for my babe.

In my opinion, it is important for kiddos to see both parents work. Not only for financial reasons, but for Will to see that men & women both serve a need in the workplace. I love that I had the entire summer with him, getting to know his little personality and seeing how much he grew in those short months. But I want to be a teacher as well. I want to be with my third graders during the day & with my baby in the evenings.

On Monday after work!
Tuesday: We were so happy to see each other again after childcare!
He snuggled with me to sleep! This hadn't happened in MONTHS!!
When did he stop being a little baby?!



"Why is there a gate here?"

Hangin' out with dad

Helping mom organize for school
  
Mom is a jungle gym now
wherever mom is, I want to be there

newest trick
peek-a-boo
Beginning of summer: May 2016
End of summer: August 2016

No comments:

Post a Comment