Thursday, August 10, 2017

Back to School 2017-2018

First of all, shoutout to my mom on her BIRTHDAY! Happy Birthday, Nana!!

William returned to daycare on Monday, after being home with me all summer. I was nervous about some separation anxiety & tears, but he was only upset I took his shoes off when we got to Miss Alisa's house (dramatic...). She said it was as if he never left, he was giggling, playing, and snuggly just like last year. We are so amazingly lucky to have Miss Alisa, she loves William like he's her own and keeps us informed of his day. She has a redhead little boy (not so little, he's in college!) of her own, so I think Will has a special place in her heart ;)
 

Facebook reminded me what what he looked like on his first day of daycare last year!

I had three days of inservice and meetings before my first day of students. I started my TENTH year of teaching this year. It's so hard to believe it's been that long, it has just flown by!! I have been in 3rd and at the same school for all of 10 years, but every year brings something new (not just new students) and I'm always trying to be a better teacher! Mallory (the redhead in the picture below) and I have taught together for going on 8 years now, so we have a good thing going between us. We have a new team member this year, Natalie. She was Mallory's long term sub at the beginning of last year and her three kids go to Moonlight. She taught before she had her kiddos and now she's back for more fun! She is a Mizzou fan, so I've got to stay on my toes ;) I am excited for what this year will bring and to work with these wonderful ladies! I have 20 students right now and I'm hoping we will create our own little classroom family together!!

No comments:

Post a Comment