Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Birthday from Afar

Back in April, I wrote about my sister's upcoming 30th birthday and my plan to send her 30 days worth of presents for for 30th birthday. She loved her presents/envelopes and it was special for me to get to be there even though she's in California and I'm in Kansas.

Here are some of the things I sent her in the birthday care package:
  • new earrings
  • coloring pages and crayons
  • Starbucks card (gotta make it through Mondays)
  • orange tic tacs (something we always get for Christmas in stockings)
  • jazzy socks
  • Cinco de Mayo celebration - new undies
  • Happy Birthday streamer to hang up in her house
  • mini lotions
  • new mascara
  • recipes to try 
  • new pens (she is a office supply junkie)
  • random candy 
  • stories about growing up together
  • colorful bobby pins
  • inspirational quotes about growing older/wiser
I looked up many obscure holidays to find ideas for what to send my sister. Most of the ideas I found in my online searches were for a boyfriend/girlfriend or husband/wife. So many of the ideas were romantic and obviously that wouldn't work for me! I wrote down all the dates and planned out a present/envelope for each day. Then I packaged them all up and sent them to California.

No comments:

Post a Comment