Thursday, June 20, 2013

Dave Ramsey - Inspired!

Now that I'm on summer break, I try to listen to Dave Ramsey each morning. He's on in KC from 9-11am on AM710. The advice he gives and the stories people tell (the good and the bad) are so inspiring to me. I get all motivated to move along the baby steps! If you aren't familiar, here they are

My husband and I are currently on baby steps 4 & 6. Baby steps 4, 5, & 6 are done simultaneously and because we don't have kids, we are just on 4 & 6. When we started off, we didn't have a terrible amount of debt and we were first married. The biggest thing was paying off the student loan debt we had from college. Once we got that finished, we piled up money to have our 6-month emergency fund completed. That was such a huge accomplishment for us, as I am a teacher and my husband works at an early education center (read = we don't make a ton of money).

We are putting any "extra" money we have toward our home mortgage. Whether that is $15 or $80, every little bit means that we will own our house outright sooner and we won't be paying any more interest to the bank than we need to. To tell the truth, I can't wait for Baby Step 7, to be able to bless others with our wealth, but it will be a while!

No comments:

Post a Comment