Friday, January 31, 2014

Icy Night Leads to Baking!

School got out and it was ICY outside. We had students slipping and sliding all over the place on the way to their parents' cars. I got home just before 5 (loaded down with lesson planning resources) and decided I was staying in for the night as the hubby is at work all evening.

As dinner (chicken alfredo) was cooking, I looking through my pinterest dessert board. I found this great recipe for Gooey Neapolitan Bars. I am not a fan of neapolitan ice cream as strawberry ice cream is not my thing. But strawberry cake is a different story!

Preheat the oven to 350* and line a 9x13 pan with foil (spray with nonstick spray). Start with box strawberry mix, 1/2 cup of oil, and 2 eggs. Mix that together! Pour it in the pan and spread out. Cook for about 10 minutes.
 After the strawberry cake has cooked for a bit, top with marshmallows and throw it back in the oven for 10-15 minutes. Keep a close eye on your dessert so the marshmallows don't toast, just brown the top a bit.
Take the strawberry and marshmallow goodness out and top with chocolate chips. They will melt from the heat of the cake and marshmallows. Let it cool and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment