Saturday, May 21, 2016

Teacher Life


I just finished my eighth year of teaching. I've taught all eight years in third grade & all at the same building, but in three different classrooms. I've taught on a team as large as six teachers and this year on a team of two. I've learned that to be a good teacher, you must surrounded yourself with good teachers. I am definitely surrounded by some really great teachers! The third grade team has always been strong at our school, even with all the changes it has gone through. We do our best to put the students first and make them our priority. 

The picture above is my third grade team (with one trying out first grade for a couple years). These ladies have become colleagues and, more importantly, friends. They were there for my infertility struggles and pregnancy celebration, not to mention a daily support in the classroom! I would not be as good a teacher without them by my side. I feel blessed to have them in my life. 

This coming year, one of my very dear friends is coming back to third grade after teaching fourth for a while. I can't wait to teach with Annie again!


No comments:

Post a Comment