Tuesday, December 22, 2015

Welcome to the World, William!!

Bret and I welcomed our son into the world on Thursday, December 17, 2015 at 8:07pm. He was 7lbs & 11oz and 19in long. And absolutely perfect!

I was due December 15th and asked my doctor to induce if I went over my due date. I went into the hospital on Wednesday evening to start cervidil. We checked in at 9:30pm and I began medicine at 10:15pm. At 6:30am on Thursday, December 17th, I started pitocin to get my contractions started. Things were slow going for a while. Around noon, my doctor broke my water & that's when the contractions started getting real. I got my epidural to control my pain levels. At 3pm, I had dilated to a 5cm (halfway there!!). I continued to dilated and was ready to push about 6:15pm. It was very intense, but Bret was so incredibly supportive the entire time! He kept saying, "You can do it! I know you can do this!" His affirmation gave me so much confidence that was very much needed by me. 

Our hospital encourages 'kangaroo care' immediately after birth. Babies & families are given two hours to bond. Bret, William, & I enjoyed this time. William breastfed during that time and I love the quick bond it created. After those precious two hours, William met both sets of grandparents. He snuggled with each grandparent and captured their hearts. 

Our time in the hospital was great. I wanted to kidnap one or two of the nurses to bring home. The nurses were supportive of Bret and me & fell for William's handsome face. 

Now we are back home and finding a schedule to keep. Our little man is the king of the house and we are just living in his world ;)

 










I saw this on Facebook & love it!


No comments:

Post a Comment