Monday, November 2, 2015

Baby Shower and Questions for Mommy & Daddy


My sister & my neighbor hosted a wonderful shower for my October 24th. The theme was baseball and it was oh so convenient that the Kansas City Royals continued to play well in their post-season. Guests at the baby shower were asked to bring a book instead of a card. Little Nemo's library is growing and growing! We can't wait to read to the little guy!!



One of the games we played was a Mommy/Daddy question. Alisha (my neighbor) asked Bret and I questions and chose answers to give the guests. Guests then chose whether they thought Bret or I gave the answer. Here are the games & answers:

Do you want more kids? How many?
B- yes, enough to get our own TV show
E- yes, maybe 1 or 2 more

What are you most looking forward to?
B- watching him grow up
E- going to sports games

Where are you most looking forward to taking him on vacation?
B- Big Brutus (West Mineral, KS)
E- Disney World

The thing I'm least happy about giving up as a parents is...
B- sleep, I like sleep
E- the ability to go wherever, whenever

What trait do you hope the baby inherits from you?
B- athletic ability
E- ability to read a map & know directions (plus a love of reading!)

Most important lesson you will teach him
B- how to put others before yourself
E- always make memories, live in the moment

What trait do you hope he gets from the other parent?
B- book smarts
E- blue eyes

The baby milestone I am most looking forward to?
 B- first steps
E- first time he says "I love you"

What are you most nervous about in becoming a parent?
B- explosive diarrhea
E- he will be a picky eater (like his mama)

How soon will you leave the baby with a non-family member or close friend babysitter?
B- never!
E- 3 or 4 months

In just a few words, how would you describe this pregnancy?
B- better than I could have imagined
E- a dream come true

The baby shower was amazing and I could not have asked for a better way to welcome our son into the world. I had so much fun with my family & friends!!

No comments:

Post a Comment