Wednesday, March 9, 2016

Better Sleep is Upon Us!

William has been stretching out his night sleep in the past few weeks. He started out going for 5 to 6 hours (til about 1 or 2am), then going another 3 hours between wanting to eat. But this week, he's been stretching for 6 to 8 hours. We start his bedtime routine about 7:15pm an he's usually down for the night about 8pm. So with these long sleep stretches, he isn't waking to eat until about 4am! That is a welcome gift for this mama! I still wake and worry, but I'm getting better :)

We attempted to transition Will from his rock n play to his crib for nighttime sleep, but that did not work so well. The first night, he woke every 3 hours. The second night, he barely lasted 30 minutes. I had a frantic texting conversation with my sister, who assured me that he won't sleep in the RNP forever (eventually he will be too long!). So that night, we wiped the slate clean and started the night over. He went back the the RNP and slept great. Guess he just needs to get a little older before night sleeps in the crib. 

Will still struggles with his naps. No matter how many yawns or tired eyes I see, once he is swaddled, he's wide awake to fight the nap. I am still swaddling, then holding him calmly for about 5 minutes before laying him down. More often than not, he cries when I lay him down. He struggles, but does go to sleep. He still has short naps, but will continue his nap on me after he wakes. He is getting enough sleep (especially with his extended night sleep) so I'm not too worried about that. 







Those little hands!!



No comments:

Post a Comment